Thursday, January 15, 2009

1 month old




Connelly was 1 month on Monday. Wow time flies by when you're a first time mom. Connelly is doing great. Breastfeeding was SO hard the first month. Miraculously something happened between last Friday & Saturday and now it doesn't hurt. I mean Friday I was still in so much pain, latching was excruciating and I cringed mostly the whole feeding time, but not anymore. It doesn't even really hurt to latch her anymore. I am so glad, b/c I asked myself everyday why I was still trying, it was beginning to not be worth it. I still alternate every once in a while with breastmilk in bottles, which gives me a nice break. Also she slept through the night for the first time Tuesday night. We put her to bed at 10pm and I woke her up at 7:30am. I figured it would probably be a one time thing, but she slept through the night again. Last night we put her to bed at 10:30pm and she woke up this morning at 7am. I can't believe it, I feel so lucky. I still get up once a night to pump though, but I am glad she is getting her rest. Anyways, I hope all is well (Martha, Jen, Nancy, Carrie, everyone else). Sorry I haven't been in the blogging world for a while.




The pic I took on Monday when she was 1 month old. We are having her pics taken tomorrow by this AMAZING photographer that takes pics like Anne Geddes so I am so pumped.




Have a great day and week.


Beth

5 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

She is so beautiful and alert, what a precious doll. I'm glad breastfeeding is going well. I remember even after all this time how tough those first few weeks were. Thank you for the pictures and the update, She's Just Beautiful like her Mommy!

HereWeGoAJen said...

She's gorgeous!

Amy said...

Beth,
I am so happy for you! She is beautiful! Enjoy your picture day and make sure to post some of them!

Candi said...

Aww! Glad everything is going smoothly! What a beautiful baby!

Ashley said...

Beth- she is BEAUTIFUL!! I want her!!