I got tagged last week by Jen, so here we go with my first meme.
Rules:
Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people.
I am reading "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom. He is the guy that wrote "Tuesdays with Morrie" which I haven't read btw & need to.
Page 123:
Was Pittsburgh really scouting me?
"What if they are?" he said. "It don't change what you gotta do, Chick.
This book is about this guy Chick's life completely falling apart and when all is lost & he tries to kill himself he gets the odd opportunity to have one more day with his dead mom. I am not done with it yet, but it really makes you want to cherish each moment with your loved ones, b/c we don't know when our time will run out.
Okay, I am going to tag Fertile Yet Infertile, Nancy in The New Life of Nancy, TTC with DH through IVF with AMA and a MF for a BFP, Amy from Where to go from here, and lastly Heidi from Thinking Miracles.
And I don't know how to attach them as links, so somebody please share.
Thanks & Enjoy.
Have a great day & week.
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
This is a movie now, right? I remember seeing the trailer for it.
I will do this later when I get home. Right now I'm at work and my only books are programming books and I would be really lame to post it. Just for fun, here is what it would look like if I used the nearest book:
"SQL: The Complete Reference"
The SQL2 standard adds another logical search condition, the IS test, to the logic provided by AND, OR, and NOT. Figure 6-13 shows the syntax of the IS test, which checks to see whether the logical value of an expression or comparison test is TRUE, FALSE or UNKNOWN (NULL):. For example, the IS test
((SALES - QUOTA) > 1000.00) IS UNKNOWN
can be used to find rows where the comparison cannot be done because either SALES or QUOTA has a NULL value.
See how utterly GEEKY that would be??!! ;)
I am loving all the book reviews! I haven't read this one and maybe I shall the next time I get a chance.
To add links to a post, you highlight the word(s) you want to link, and press that little link button on the top of blogger. It is next to the T with the square and looks like an Earth with a thing at the top of it. It brings up a window and you put the link in that window. (I usually go to whatever site I am linking to and copy and paste the address to make sure I don't get it wrong.)
Hey there,
I did it! Now, you should go do the LIST meme! Pass it on it's kinda fun!
Post a Comment