Monday, June 16, 2008

Help Needed!!!

So I am looking for a car (SUV) to replace our hot rod Satty and need your help. I have found a Pathfinder that I love but I am having a hard time convincing Jeremy. He is on an American car kick, which I completely understand, however, I first & formost want the car I want, and then I want to support the American cars. And if they go hand & hand, great, but if not, I really want the car I want. (sorry if I offended anyone there, not my intentions, I support our troops & want to keep jobs in America, however, it isn't my #1 priority in this decision process) Anyway, I have listed some cars below that we are looking at. Please comment back with good & bad things about the cars. I really want to make an informed decision when purchasing our car. Just an FYI, we are looking for a used car (2004-2007), below $15,000.

Nissan Pathfinder

Ford Escape

Jeep Commander

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Toyota 4Runner

Mitsubishi Montero Sport

Trailblazer



This weekend was good, I have decided that I eat way to much at meals & am miserable afterwards. I really need to stop doing that!!!

Have a good day & thanks for your help!
Beth

5 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Nissan is headquarted in Nashville, Tennessee with design studio in Los Angeles. Not to mention dealerships and repair shops. My DH and I swear by Consumer Reports to research a car. I've driven Japanese cars (Honda and Toyotas) for 25 years and they are reliable, safe, and less expensive to maintain for us. We get our car serviced and fill up our gas tanks in USA, right? Good luck and Best As Always.

HereWeGoAJen said...

I always get Toyotas and they rock. Plus, my aunt works for Honda in Ohio. :) My husband has a Ford Edge with less than ten thousand miles on it. It's broken down three times. My Toyota has never broken down and it is a 2001.

Ashley said...

Hey Beth!! I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I love it. It is very roomy, and comfortable. You will love it. It is very spacious in the very back (for strollers and stuff)!! I am so excited for your pregnancy!! I cant wait until you can tell us what "it" is!!

nancy said...

Do you really need an SUV? How about a hybrid SUV if you go in the gas-guzzling route?

I have a ford freestyle which is totally a mom car, but not a minivan. With 3 kids, I needed a mom car. Sucks, but what can you do?

Our other car is a pathfinder and it sucks with carseats. The back seat just doesn't have that much legroom, so the car seats hit the front seats.

s.e. said...

I am a Toyota fan but I have a RAV 4. And the gas issue is not such an issue with it. Good luck!