Thursday, June 5, 2008

Productive Day

So I got a lot done at my work today & I am feeling very good about that. I swear I am about 2 years behind doing 3 people's jobs & there is no way I will ever catch, but it feels good when I feel some sort of accomplishment.

I was kind of annoyed yesterday, one of my superiors made a male chauvinistic remark towards me TWICE. I was very offended and annoyed, but being the little peon that I am I did nothing. We were cleaning out a shed, and 2 guys were helping me. Well it was very hot here yesterday and after a while I sat down for a minute to rest. At that point my superior walked out and said, "You can tell a woman is running this show, she's sitting while the men are working." Mind you, one of the other 2 guys is sitting too, and the other is smoking. The guy sitting tries to stick up for me by saying, "I am taking a break too." At which time the superior replies, "That is b/c you are a democrat & you let everyone else do your work." I don't even care about politics but thought it was a stupid dig at the guy that was helping me out. Later on in the day about a half hour after we'd finished the 3+ hours outside working VERY hard, I was in my office inhaling the lunch I had bought, and the superior comes in and asks how everything went. I tell him I am tired but we are done, at which he replies w/ something similar to "why are you tired, you had been sitting." I couldn't believe how rude his comments were. He was probably trying to joke w/ me, but seriously, you are one of the top dogs at this place & you are going to make sexist comments at one of your hardest workers (civilian of the year, to be exact)!!! I was annoyed the rest of the day & I don't forget things easily so I have a feeling I will be annoyed for quite some time. Oh well, just sucks though.

Tonight I have to run & buy a whole bunch of gift cards to various places for my dad's cousins. They live in Parkersburg, IA where the F5 tornado hit 2 weekends ago & lost everything. My sisters & parents & I & Jerm's parents are sending $550 worth of gift cards to them. I hope it helps. I can't imagine going through something like that.

Anyways, I better get back to work, b/c I still have a lot to do before I can leave and it is already 5pm. Yikes.

Have a good night.
Beth

5 comments:

Candi said...

As far as the guy at work...what a dick!

I will say a prayer for your dad's cousins.

s.e. said...

Because I am behind in commenting...you have one of the cutest pregnant bellies I have ever seen. And I can't decide what I would have done in your situation at work. My boss works with 60 women and 2 men and knows better. But I think I would have stayed quiet too although he deserves to be told off!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

What a jerk, Hello, it's 2008, not 1958. Sorry you have to put up with such a Bozo! Sending good thoughts to your family in Iowa.

Anonymous said...

Is this the same asshole that always gives you trouble? How rude!

I'll beat him up for you!

Carrie

HereWeGoAJen said...

Yeah, I would have done the same and just stayed quiet. But I would have been crazy mad too!