
So I got my Fetal Doppler on Friday, I was so excited and hoping to secretly try it out before Jeremy got home. Well things didn't really work out that way so late that night, he noticed it & I told him that I thought I wanted to try it alone first. His feelings were extremely hurt b/c he thought I was getting ready to have this big moment w/ our baby & didn't want him included. I felt awful b/c that was not at all what I was trying to do; I was so nervous about it and that I might now hear a heartbeat the first time & thought it would be easier for me to try it out & become a pro before I did it w/ him around. So anyway, I apologized and we decided to do it together. He was such a pro, I wasn't ever able to get it perfect to hear the heartrate, but I swear he had the magic touch. It was a staticy which I wasn't expecting at all, but I THINK we heard our baby's heartrate, 160. We tried again yesterday and got the same results. Jeremy was so excited about it, I was so glad that we did it together. I hope tomorrow when I go to the doctor I can learn a bit from him & hopefully the heartrate is about the same so I will know we were listening to the right thing. BTW, Jen, Jeremy loved your post where you were explaining how to use the doppler to me (which that helped a ton, so thanks). He thought that when you said, "and that's how I know my baby was alive 30 minutes ago" sounded like something I would totally say.
This weekend our Satty (saturn) got even closer to it's death. It's been trying to die for about 4 years now, but it is finally in it's last hours I believe. We drove my parent's Jeep home last night (they're 3rd car) to use until we find a new car. Last night at about 3am, I heard a really loud noise outside so I woke up Jeremy. He looked at the window & said "holy shit!" So I asked what, and he went on to tell me that he believed a TREE had fallen on my parents car. We went outside & sure enough, a rather large branch from our neighbor's house fell on their jeep. We stayed up until 4am so Jeremy could saw away all the branches & lift them off the jeep. We got so lucky, I don't think it affected the jeep at all except for maybe a scratch, that my mom said that she isn't worried about. Thank you god!!! I swear we have the worst car problems, our other car has VERY bad electrical issues. Currently the blinkers, hazards, CD player & horn don't work. I think we might try to trade in both cars & start over, but it has been nice w/ no car payments ever.
Anyways, I just wanted to check in, I attached a pic of the jeep. I am going to James Taylor tonight, so that should be fun, hopefully the rain goes away before then!!!
Have a great day!
Beth
Beth



1 comment:
The concert sounds like fun. Glad the jeep is okay, never a dull moment for you two. That's cool that the doppler is working out, it's a special skill to find the whoosh-whoosh of your little one's heartbeat. The static is normal, just background noise picked up by the sensitivity of the device.
Post a Comment