Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Hard Day

I got a call from a good friend yesterday saying that his wife had miscarried. His wife is one of my closest friends & he is one of Jeremy's. We were so excited to find out a month ago that they were going to be pregnant the same time as us (which I haven't give up that hope). She had been spotting the last week, but went in for an u/s & saw the heartbeat and so she was starting to relax a bit. I haven't spoken w/ her, so I don't know exactly what happened except for they lost the baby yesterday. They are the only two people that know about my blog (besides Jeremy) and she is actually the one that introduced me to Cyclesista. This blog has been such a lifesaver for me throughout my IF & TCC, and I have her to thank for that. She always is commenting on my blog as anonymous, and so I thought that if you all wanted to leave her a comment on my blog she can read them & hopefully it might help ease some of the pain she is feeling right now. She doesn't have a blog, so this is the only way I knew how to get her the support that I have always felt from you all. I hope you don't mind friend. You are in my heart & I am so sorry for your pain.

Love, Beth

11 comments:

s.e. said...

It is really amazing what support is out here.

To your friend...as I am sure she knows... You are not alone in this. It is awful and no words will truly help. But some of us do understand. Right now it feels like you may not recover. Time will heal. Take it day by day and you WILL end up o.k. I hope your pain lessens soon. I am so, so sorry.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Dear Friend of Beth's - I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family take good care of yourselves during this sad time.
((Hugs)) Martha

Maria said...

Dear Beth's Friend,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm praying very hard for you, your husband and your angel baby. Please lean on your family and friends (especially really caring ones like Beth) during this hard time.

XOXO,
Maria

Morrisa said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the type of pain you must be feeling now.

Amy said...

Oh, Beth, I am so sorry.
To your friend, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. This road...is long and hard but there are many people willing to help you if you just let them in. Hang on and hang in. Big hugs to you.

HereWeGoAJen said...

I am so sorry. Your family and your baby will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Dramalish said...

Dear Friend,
My heart goes out to you. Please know that it's okay to be sad, and that we are sad with you. I will be sending you light and peace.
-D.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beth, you are amazing! I am so lucky to have such a supportive friend!

To everyone that has left comments, thank you so much for your kind words! This has been very emotionally and physically traumatic for me and my husband. It is nice to know that we have a few more thoughts and prayers being sent our way.

In 8 1/2 short weeks, we fell in love with our baby. It seems so unfair that it was taken from us. By sharing your stories, you all have shown us that, with time, we will come to peace with what was dealt to us. Thank you for the support!

~Carrie

RBandRC said...

I am so very sorry for your loss and I am thinking of you both at this time.

Lauren said...

Dear friend of Beth's,

My heart is aching for your loss. Your story is so similar to mine and the pain you are feeling is difficult to bear, I know. Even though I don't know you, I am praying for you. You are not alone!

C said...

Came over from L&F...

To your friend...I am SO sorry for your loss. Words can never take away the pain, and you will inevitably have bad days from here on out with dealing with emotions and non-encouraging (but well-meaning) words from others. But please know that it wasn't your fault and there are ppl out there (including me) who understands the grief you're dealing with and are here to support you, even through your friends' blog. You are in my prayers and thoughts. You're baby will never be forgotten. ((hugs))