A date has been set. We are getting induced this Friday morning. We are so excited. I went in today to get checked again and to have a sonogram. Everything looked great w/ the baby. She kept sucking her fist and fingers. It was nice to see her again and to see that she is doing okay. The doctor said I was still only 1-2 cm dilated. He stripped my membranes w/ didn't feel great. I was glad to have Jeremy there w/ me today for everything. He rubbed my legs during the sonogram and it just was nice to have him there to experience everything w/ me. When the doctor said that he would induce and gave us the option of Friday or Tuesday we went for Friday b/c Jeremy had kept saying that was the day he wanted beforehand and I had said I wanted the first date they would do it, so we both got what we wanted. The doctor said he could wait up until next Friday, but we decided we were ready and he reassured us that the baby is fine to come whenever. Like I said before, we are so excited. I am now getting a bit scared. I hadn't really wanted to be induced b/c I didn't want the Pitocin contractions, so now I am fearful of them, but I'll live and it will be worth it when we are holding our little girl.
I ended up deciding to exchange my carseat & stroller. Thank god I am obsessive about keeping boxes b/c we were able to get a full refund and I was able to get the one I wanted at BRU. We ended up saving money b/c it was cheaper and I feel so relieved. I swear each time I walked by the other one I disliked it more, so I am glad I was able to return the other one and I know I have the one I want now.
We took some pics yesterday but I haven't downloaded them yet, but when I do, I will post them. Thanks for hanging in there, we will be delighted to show off our little girl in just a few days!
Have a great night. I am not feeling 100% and the weather here was TERRIBLE today so I have spent quite a bit of time in the car driving, so I am really tired. I think I might take a bath tonight. I got the baby's bag packed last night, Jeremy's gift wrapped and my bag almost packed. I am waiting on one more load of laundry. I need to get a pack of newborn diapers and our breastpump and I would like to get one of the J.J. Cole carseat covers this week, so I hope I can get it done tomorrow or Thursday.
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
ooo - good luck! I certainly hope you go before that. Inductions are not fun (i've had one) but you are overdue, so I'm sure you won't have the trouble I did.
YAY!!! Good luck!
I am so happy for you all! Happy Birth Day and Joy to you all with health and happiness and a Nice, Easy Labor!
Thinking of you and hoping that you get all done that you want to!
Sounds like the weather will be perfect Friday and Saturday so no worries of others making it to hospital to see you!
Congratulations Beth! Holding you and yours close these days!
Yay!! That is so exciting!! I cant wait to see her. I cant believe you are at the end now!! Post pics as soon as you can!!
Does JB still want me to videotape the birth from the foot of the bed?
Post a Comment