Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More bleeding, but still okay!

I went in to see my doc yesterday & he cleaned out down there & said I looked good. So anyways, Connelly was sick today & so I had to take her to her doctor this morning, & I knew I was doing way too much, but couldn't really work around it. When we walked into Target to fill her prescription I felt my pants fill up again. I rushed to the bathroom & once again, w/in seconds had bled through my underwear, long underwear & jeans. I was so freaked out once again. I called the doctor's office & they wanted to get me in asap for an u/s. Jeremy met me there & they did the dildo cam this time, but baby still looked okay. The doc came in for it too, so that was nice. He was asking the sonographer if I had placenta previa (which I need to google, b/c don't really understand) and she said no b/c I am too early, that right now they just call it a low placenta. Still don't really understand, but he said that the blood was maybe caused from a very small partial separation of the placenta. So again, he said to just take it easy, but he thinks the baby is still going to be okay. I decided that we are going to take my doppler on vaca w/ us & do that if I get worried or have more bleeding. He did use the doppler yesterday & found the heartbeat fast, so I have more confidence now that I'll be able to.

Thanks for your prayers!
Beth

3 comments:

Michele said...

Placenta Previa is where your placenta has attached improperly and lays over your cervix. It can cause intense bleeding. If you have PP, you should take it easy. PP can fix itself as pregnancy progresses but, if it doesnt, you'll need a c-section because a vaginal birth can cause the placenta to birth prior to the baby, which cuts off oxygen.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Take good care, send my best to you and your family. Your MD's office sounds really supportive and responsive to your concerns.

Searching for Serenity said...

Haven't heard from you in a while. I hope all is well.