Monday, July 7, 2008

A Pretty Good 4th!

Well I had a pretty good weekend. On the way down to the lake on Thursday night, I felt something, and said, "Jeremy, I think I just felt the baby move." Since then the baby has been moving every once in a while, but I have felt it quite a few times each day since. It was so exciting, and I was so glad we were together & no one else was around!!!

Late Thursday night I got a phone call from one of my brother-in-laws that he was getting arrested in the city that I work for the police department. So that was quite the experience. He still got arrested, but I was able to not get the car towed, so that will at least help out w/ their financial situations. I am really hoping that he learns from this. I am pretty sure that my sister told him he could have alcohol or her, and he picked her, so I really hope that he sticks to it. His dad died at 38 of a heart attack and he drank quite a bit, so if he really quits drinking, I am hoping that he might lengthen his life. He is a really great guy that made a bad decision so I am hoping that they can work through it and he learns a lesson. I am very much against drinking and driving, and I don't understand why people just don't take cabs. Seriously even a $50 cab ride is better than a $1500 or more DUI!!!

Anyway, Friday I got a call from one of my sisters that my aunt that was diagnosed for the third time w/ cancer was being rushed to a hospital in Minnesota (from Iowa) and that her kidney's were failing. My parents packed up real fast & headed there (7-8 hour drive). Yesterday she was doing so much better. I think she had a blood infection & that it was making her hallucinate along w/ shutting down her body. Luckily they get medicine in her & she is seemingly back to normal my mom says. We will really worried though. Please say a little prayer for her, she needs it.

Overall the weekend was good, and today was the first Monday in quite a few that I haven't been completely exhausted and tired at work, which is nice. Jeremy & a couple of my brother-in-laws have been working on our fence, and it is almost done. I am so excited & I am sure Lucy is too (she has been stuck inside now for about 3 weeks:( ).

How I felt in Week 17:

I got pretty severe headaches a couple days, but they went away. I have started to feel more dizzy when I stand up fast sometimes. I have noticed in the past couple days that if I sit a certain way, my hoo hoo seems to go numb. Weird? My face has cleared up a bit, but it has done that before, so I know that in a couple days it will probably be back. Oh well. I FELT THE BABY MOVE!!! I think that is it. Overall mentally I have been good, with the help of my Doppler of course!!!

Have a great Monday, I will take 18 week pics tonight & post in the next couple days!
Beth

3 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

That's so wonderful about feeling the baby move with just the two of you. Wow, sorry about the BIL drama, some folks just have to hit rock bottom before they get it together. I think folks charged with DUI should work the night in a big city Emergency room with the consequences of the innocent bystanders caught in their addictions. Hmm, sometimes headaches can mean not enough hydration and your OB will check your lab results to rule out anemia. Also, your "hoo-hoo" (can't wait to add that to nickname list) getting numb can be the result of increased pressure/weight of the uterus/placenta/baby on your sacral and pelvic nerves, plus hormones. I hope your aunt is feeling better everyday. I will keep her and you three in my thoughts and prayers.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Hooray for a wiggly baby!

I am sorry to hear about your aunt. I will pray for her.

Anonymous said...

My goodness...you have a lot going on right now! Hope everything calms down soon and I will pray for your aunt.

I can't believe you are already 18 weeks! You are almost half-way there! And it is so exciting that you felt the baby! What an awesome milestone!

Love you, Carrie