So furniture shopping went better than planned last night. I went online & visited all the brand websites before I went so I had a list of the styles that I was interested in. It was a great idea b/c the store closed shortly after I got there so I didn't have much time. I was impressed that they had brochures for most of the ones I had liked so I was able to write down the costs on the brochures & so I had something to look back on & to show Jeremy.
The first store I was very impressed, I hadn't even known it was there (very close to my home) until the other night & glad I do. The funniest thing is that we had found a travel system (stroller) at Babies R Us we loved but after looking at the Chicco website I thought I might like a different style (actually exact style but different color) better. I couldn't find that color anywhere, so we just decided it would be easiest to stick w/ what we found first since we could register for it. The first store (and the second store) freaking had it, I couldn't believe. I really think I like it better. I am going to have Jeremy go w/ me to take a look, but I think I like the green color better & I think he will too. I actually like it more than I did online.
Anywho, at the second store, which was a bit overpriced I looked around some more. Then I stumbled across the bedding I like. I have spent hours online looking at bedding. I want something girly but not too girly b/c her room is dark blue. I have loved my set online & the reviews have been great. There was only one problem, the outside of the bumper can't be seen in any of the pics I have seen. Well it is a pale yellow fuzzy color, not really my favorite & it is the color of the whole outside of the bumper. Everything else about this set I LOVE, why did that have to semi-suck. So now I don't know what to do. I found another set there that I had liked online but the dust ruffle is sheer & I didn't think that I would like that. I actually did kind of like seeing it in person, so I am just going to have to go back & decide. I was pretty stressed, and this is some silly stuff to stress about, but that's me, wanting everything to be perfect, like the baby is really going to know or care seriously, but I can't help it!!!
I think that we are deciding between 3 sets of furniture now, so Jeremy & I will have to go look at all 3 and decide what to do. Decisions, decisions!!!
Alright have a great weekend, I will be busy w/ house cleaning & rearranging & furniture & bedding shopping!!!
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Good luck with your quest for just the perfect furniture and bedding for your little girl. I wish it was easier for you. I hope you are having fun and too bad you don't live in the Retail Capitol of the World, Southern California, where all stores stay open until at least 9 pm! Can't wait to see it come together.
It sounds like you are checking everything out carefully! I hope you find the perfect stuff.
These are not easy decisions...and don't worry...you aren't crazy for stressing over them! I'm right there with you!!!
Post a Comment