Tuesday, November 11, 2008

100th POST!!!
















I can't believe it took me this long to make it to this point. I am doing pretty good. Last week was long, this week hasn't been too bad.

This past weekend was Jeremy's family shower. It was great, I loved seeing everyone. Jeremy has been spending all his nights putting together all the cute baby stuff we have received.

This past few weeks have been so great for Jeremy & I. I really have felt so close w/ him. We have been having the best time preparing for this little one. Lately we find ourselves hanging out in the baby's room just looking at all her things.

Anyway this past weekend I had some severe crotch pains. I think I was pushing it too hard and definitely paid for it. By the time I got home from the grocery store I was tearing up b/c I was so sore. I got home and starting bawling b/c my crotch muscles hurt so bad. I do NOT remember anyone telling me about this kind of pain. Anyway after I relaxed for a bit and took some Tylenol I began to feel better but I have a feeling that I am just going to have to deal w/ it for the next few weeks.

I went to the doctor today to get checked. He said the baby's head is pretty low but I am not dilated. Him checking me felt the opposite of good. OUCH!!! I didn't know what it would feel like but I didn't realize he was going to stick his whole fist inside of me and feel around. After I got back to work I went to the restroom and found that I was bleeding pretty heavily. I was a bit concerned, but had a feeling that it was b/c of him checking me. I called my mom in the bathroom and she thought it was the same thing, but had me call the doctor just in case. The nurse said it was completely normal. It pretty much stopped right after it started. It just when I go to the bathroom now.
I was talking w/ my boss' boss today and he was asking about if my plans are changing in terms of when I will stop working. I hadn't really mentioned it to my boss or him yet that I was starting to think that the day before Thanksgiving would be a good day to stop work rather than right before the due date. This would give me a little under a week and a half off before the baby is born, assuming she comes right around the due date. He (boss' boss) thought that was a pretty good idea, and noticed I had been moving quite a bit slower lately and mentioned he didn't even know if I'd make it that long. If the day before Thanksgiving is my last day than I have 2 weeks left of work as of tomorrow, I think I can make it. It is nice looking forward to that time though. I do hope the baby doesn't come way late, but I also hope she doesn't come too early either. I really want at least a couple days off before she's born to relax and get the house ready. We'll see I guess.

I tried to attach some pics of the last couple weeks. I will post a couple more times so I can add more pics.

Enjoy. Happy 100th Post to me. Thank you all so much for being w/ me throughout these past months. It has been quite a journey for me.

Have a good night.

Beth

3 comments:

nancy said...

Happy 100th post!

and the pain you speak of is called ECP or evil crotch pain. I've sat in my office with a bag of ice directly on my pubic bone! I told my OB about our name for it and he cracked up. :)

It sounds like you two are over the moon in love. That's awesome.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

You look beautiful, sorry about the crotch pain. I am glad you are taking time off work before your daughter arrives. Thank you for the update.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy 100th! I hope you have many more.

The shower looks like fun!