OMG! So I never really got leg cramps before becoming pregnant. Like maybe once or twice in my whole life. So the fact that I wake up to extremely painful charlie horses (is that what people call them?) about once every 3 weeks really is no fun. Last night was the mother of all leg cramps. It only happens in the middle of the night and I guess when I go to move my legs. Anyway, all of the sudden I wake up in excruciating pain in my left calf, I am screaming and then sobbing b/c I am in so much pain. It feels like it lasts for hours, which I am sure was really only about 20 seconds, but it was by far the longest and most painful one I have experienced to date. Jeremy wakes up b/c I am screaming and is trying to help me by rubbing leg and trying to flex it for my, however, I can't tell him what is working, well b/c nothing really was and b/c I had continued to scream and cry. Finally it started to wear off, yet I am still very shaken and sobbing. He at that time is a little frustrated b/c I never was really able to speak clearly to him and the fact that he was woken up so suddenly, so he sighs in annoyance and rolls over. I can't really blame him b/c he was probably still a little asleep, but all I wanted was for him to snuggle and hold me and make me feel better. So now I start sobbing again b/c I am sad he isn't doing what I want him to do, so then he feels bad and rolls back over to try and calm me down. I go to the bathroom then and try to compose myself, but when I get back to bed, I explain to him that he hurt my feelings b/c he didn't know that he should have held me rather than act annoyed when I am in such pain. I start sobbing again to which this time he immediately tries to calm me down. God, am I a baby or what. I swear I have been having emotion breakdowns more often lately. I barely slept the rest of the night b/c I was so worked up and my calf was still sore. All morning I just wanted to crawl back in bed and cry b/c I had woken up on the wrong side of the bed. I am over it now and am in a much better mood, however, I do have to work late tonight so that sucks.
Last night I started putting away some of the baby items, so that was fun. I am going to go to Babies R Us tomorrow night and exchange my swing. I decided I liked another one better, and my BFF Carrie is the best and said it was okay if I exchanged it (she and my other girlfriends are the ones that purchased it). I felt awful when I fell in love w/ a different one, but I can't help it so I am glad I have great friends that understand!!! Anyway, I think I will also use some coupons to get some smaller things off our registry that we need that we hadn't got in our showers, like bottles and such. I am excited. Has anyone noticed that Babies R Us isn't really giving out 20% coupons right now, only 15%. That really sucks, I like the 20% ones better, obviously.
Okay, so I guess I'll let you go now. Eventually I'll post pics of me at 36 weeks and of the wedding last weekend. It was nice, but I am glad wedding season is over for me until July I think.
Have a good night.
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You are so Not a Baby! You poor thing, leg cramps and hormones are really stressful, painful, and annoying. How is your Calcium intake? That can affect leg cramps, also potassium in your diet. Your MD office will have more info too. That is great that you can exchange the swing and umm, gee if a pregnant woman can't change her mind, then who can? Take care, glad wedding season is over for now, it's quite lengthy in your neck of the woods!
Hehe. When I wake up yelling from a leg cramp, Matt usually sleeps through it and so does the little dog. My Trin dog gets up and comes over to help me. I then get to tease Matt relentlessly the next day that the dog woke up to rescue me and he didn't.
Grab your foot and pull your toes toward you. It hurts like crazy, but it stops the cramp, so it hurts less in the long run. I had to suffer through a couple before I figured that out and it is so much better this way. My leg always hurts the next day though.
Post a Comment