Thursday, November 13, 2008

9 more days of work!!!

I am pretty excited, except for I still need to let my immediate boss know, but to tell you the truth, but then I believe his successor will have started the transitioning stages to take over so I don't really know who I need to tell.

I had the worst night's sleep last night. I had as, Nancy calls it, (and I LOVE the name btw and so I will now use it) ECP - EVIL CROTCH PAIN!!! Last night it was probably the worst it has been in the middle of the night at least. I could barely move my left leg w/o wincing. Then I also kept having bad dreams so I was scared. Than I even dreamed that there were 2 lionesses in my backyard and in my house trying to get little Lucy and I was trying to save her. I think I might have dreamt that b/c Jeremy's family went to Lion King last night. Lucy must have been having bad dreams too, b/c usually she sleeps really soundly, but she kept wanting us to snuggle w/ her and kept curling up by our faces. We hung out since I couldn't sleep. I swear I was up every hour and a half or so. It really sucked.

I took a bath last night for the first time in years. It was amazing, I don't know why I haven't done it more often, you better believe I will be treating myself to one of those a week for the next couple weeks though.

This last time I went to the bathroom I was leaking more than yesterday. Tuesday after my check like I said I was bleeding heavily but it was brown and nurse said it was normal. She also said that it would stop. It isn't heavy AT ALL and hasn't been but I still have been leaking some brown stuff. Anyway just this last time though and was still light brown but mucousy too. I didn't think that anything (labor) was going on b/c I just didn't but called to make sure. She thought that it sounded normal and not to worry. She said that if it was my water breaking that it would not be mucousy and that it would be just like water, so I am going to take her word for it and not worry. And I really just don't feel like this babe is ready to come out for a while, so we'll see.

Tonight I am going to Michael's to finish up on my gifts for all the girls that have thrown all my showers. I found some cute figurines the other night but I wanted to do a little something more, so I can hopefully can find something at Michael's to make (I know what I am doing but don't want to give out all the info b/c my BFF Carrie reads my blog and she will be receiving a gift and don't want her to know what she is getting). I will talk more about this after I give the gifts out this weekend. Except I kind of stuck my foot in my mouth earlier today. I was talking w/ a girl at my work about the gifts and how I have been stressing trying to find something for all the girls that threw my showers and I told her what I was doing. Then I realized that she was one of the ones that organized my surprise work shower and all I did for those girls was give them a thank you note. Now I don't know what to do? Do I get all my work girls that threw that shower the same thing or do I leave it alone? What do I do?

Hopefully Jeremy will get our last pieces of furniture this Saturday and so we can have the room totally set up by the end of the weekend, I am so excited. I ordered this frame w/ this quote on there a few weeks ago. I have been dreaming about this frame for over a year now. I ended up going w/a different company b/c it was half the cost ($100 instead of $200) and it was larger and I liked the girl better. Well it isn't 100% what I imagined. I still REALLY LIKE it, but I am not 100% in love w/ it. So I am still really excited, but also a tad disappointed. When I get it hung up, I'll take a pic and post it.

Okay, well I think that that is it for posting today. I have tomorrow off to relax b/c I am in a wedding this weekend, talk about disaster but hopefully all goes well.

Have a great weekend!
Beth

4 comments:

nancy said...

I bet it's part of your mucus plug.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sounds like the cervix thinning out, (effacement), just normal slough off.
Please don't stress about gifts for folks, a Thank you note is lovely and just as meaningful. Truly. Save your money for Connelly's college fund!
Sorry the frame didn't meet your expectations. Have fun this weekend!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'd vote for making cookies or something for your work shower people. That sounds fair to me but also won't be too much trouble or money. I'd vote for just getting some ready made cookie dough in a tube and dressing it up a bit, with sprinkles and nuts.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Hi, Beth, I nominated you for the "I Love Your Blog" Award, also a meme of 6 random things about you if you would like to play along. (if you have time, ha, ha) Best Always, Martha