Today has gone by pretty fast, I have been pretty busy, and not even w/ the 2 post its full of to-do items that I needed to get done today. Oh well.
I am taking off work tomorrow so I can go to Denver, so I am excited that today is my Friday!!!
Yesterday, was a not so good day. I think it all started when I was reading up on Jenny's blog. She is the one that lost her husband and m/c all w/in about 2 weeks. I am just so devastated for her. I couldn't get over what she must be going through right now. I just ached reading her posts and knowing that her life is never going to be the same. I emailed Jeremy immediately and let him know how much he means to me & how happy I am with the life we've made. I am just so sad that she doesn't have her husband anymore. Anyway, I was a mess after reading that and then the rest of the day I just never could get out of my funk. Last night I went to Macy's to try to find a cardigan or something to wear w/ my dress to the wedding this weekend w/ no luck. I found some shoes for Jeremy that he'd been needing so I got those. I was going to use these $10 off cards, but thought if he didn't like them I would lose the money so I decided to save them for the perfume that I was going to buy. Turns out you can't use them for perfume, so I was pretty bummed about that b/c they were out of the small bottle so I had to get the $75 bottle. So then I had these stupid $10 off coupons to use or lose (they expire this weekend) and didn't know what else to get. I tried to find a friend a bachelorette party gift, but couldn't and then tried to find Jeremy a shirt but couldn't and after being at the mall for hours at this point I was pissed. My phone had died, my knees were killing me, I was so tired. I finally went to the baby section and bought Connelly the cutest coat & a little shirt. I finally left the mall, but by that time I was so tired & exhausted that I was bawling. I just wanted to be home & in comfy clothes. I felt much better when I got home!!
Today is going good, like I said. So I have a question for you guys. For those that are married or have kids or are pregnant, did you ever look at your registries and see what people have bought. I feel terrible doing it, but I can't help myself. I am just so excited. I feel as if I am being ungrateful, but I feel the exact opposite when I see it. I can't believe how generous my friends & family are and I can't wait to thank them all. Is it so awful of me to be looking though? I can't help it, I am an EXTREMELY nosy person and I just can't not look. What do you guys think? Do I need to stop, should I feel bad?
Alright, well I probably won't post again until Monday, so have a great weekend.
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I hope you get some rest in your comfy clothes and have fun in Denver. No, I don't think it's nosy to check out your registry, sounds very normal to me. Don't stop, don't feel bad, what's the upside to that?
I too have a hard time reading sad stories on blogs and such. I check my registry every single day. I don't think it is selfish, I think it is simply that you are excited. I know I am!
Did you have fun in the wonderful town that is denver? I love it here.
Did I look at the registry? Hell yes I did. It's human nature. The surprise at the shower should be who was the person who bought it :)
I wish I got to do another registry. That was so fun the first time.
yes!! i am also a registry stalker!! today, somebody bought 2 very large items and it made my day!
Post a Comment