In about 2 hours Jeremy's whole family will know we are pregnant & I get getting really nervous. It is so real. Before, the only people that new we were pregnant were the ones that new we had miscarried before, and if we would miscarry again those would be who we'd tell. Well now the world is about to find out our exciting news, and even though I am extremely thrilled to share my secret & am a bit nervous about everyone knowing. I am thinking positive thoughts lately and really do believe that I will be coming home with a baby in December, whereas before, I started out sentences with, "if this works out then..." I have faith, but that doesn't mean that I am still scared.
I was talking with Jeremy last night about god parents for a baby. We had always said in the past it would be easiest to have twins first b/c then we could have his brother & girlfriend for one & my sister & brother-in-law for the other. Well life has a way of having it's own plan, and so we are going to be stuck choosing. I know we are a long way from needing to know, but we (me) are the type of people that like to figure everything out ahead of time. I came up with what I thought was a great plan, if it were a boy (like he thinks it is) we would have his brother & his girlfriend as the godparents & if it is a girl (like I think it is) we would have my sister & her hubby. I thought it was a really fair plan & I really don't want to have to split anybody up. Jeremy & I are the godparents for two of our nieces & I love the fact that we got to do it together. Jeremy didn't like my idea. He said that he can't imagine having to tell his only brother that he isn't the godfather of his first child. I am not trying to be rude (babe if you read this, sorry, love ya), but are you serious. Life isn't fair, as we all have experienced, and I am not saying that his brother won't ever be the godfather of any of our children. Whichever isn't chosen would be chosen for the next child, I am just trying to be fair, and making the decision easy on us & allowing no one to get their feelings hurt. With my idea, it is up to God, who will be the godparents depending on whether he blesses us with a girl or boy. With Jeremy's way he just wants to give it to his brother w/o thinking about anything else. (sorry again babe, but just stating how I feel) So I guess, any of you that have had children & have had godparents for them, how did you choose???
Okay, have a GREAT weekend, I can't wait to post the pics on Monday!!!
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I have no idea what we are going to do about godparents. We brought it up once, but nearly fought over it, so decided to table it until it becomes a more necessary decision.
Hi, Beth, whomever you two decide for godparents will be very privileged to share your child/family's life. What a sweet tradition re.couples for godparents. We picked the names out of a hat, just kidding! Actually it was dartboard. Seriously, we chose my sister and my husband's brother (our closest siblings) due to the commitment involved. I'm sure your Soiree will be Absolutely Fabulous.
I say split up the couples. Pick his brother and your sister. As much as you'd like to keep the godparents as a couple, I think this way everyone will be happy.
I can't wait to hear how the weekend went...
Thank you for sharing about your faith in the face of your fears. So touching and so true no matter stage of motherhood/parenting. Re.godparents,when we shared/split the godparent responsibility between two couples, we got a "two-fer", my BIL and SIL are there for us and the kids, in addition to the formal godparents. Best, Martha
Post a Comment