Thursday, May 22, 2008

Only 200 Days Left!!!

Seems like an eternity away, but I can't wait. My stomach has felt funny today though, my muscles hurt. Like when I was coughing it kind of hurt. Is that normal? I am trying not to psych myself out, but want to make sure I don't need to call the doctor immediately either.

So last night we had a scare with our dog. My BIL calls me yesterday at work and ask me why my dog is at his house. He lives 4-5 blocks away. I first thought he was kidding, and then realized he wasn't & said I don't know. I called Jeremy and he didn't know what was going on. BIL called MIL & FIL to ask them & they didn't bring her there. So I remembered that my neighbor had said he was getting a new roof, so I was thinking that maybe they got sick of her barking at them & let her out of our fence (we have a dog door, so she comes & goes in the backyard as she pleases during the day). I was totally freaked out so I made him keep her there & I picked her up after work. He said she seemed pretty scared when he found her. When I got home I found that the roofers had helped themselves to our backyard, they had come in our yard, laid out a huge tarp, and were throwing all the old shingles in our yard. Our yard right now looks like crap b/c we are doing landscaping, so it wouldn't be that big of deal, had someone asked us. Also our fence is pretty crappy but holds together if you don't mess with it, but since that had been throwing shit at it & replacing the garage roof that the fence leans on, the fence was coming a part. So either Lucy got out on her own through a space in the fence that they created while fucking with it or they let her out. Either way I was pissed. She is teeny, she could have totally been hit by a car, and they are so lucky that she somehow found her way to BIL's house. I think that someone must have recognized her & seen our last name on her tag (which is also BIL's last name) and so they put her in BIL's backyard. I am just so lucky & thankful she is okay. I really don't know what I would do w/o her. I closed the dog door today so she couldn't get out & I am hopefully going to be able to bring her to work tomorrow.

So thanks for letting me vent.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Beth

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

That's horrible of them! I am so glad that nothing happened to her!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Poor Lucy! That is so scary but I am so glad she is okay!

Stupid roofers!

Carrie

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am so glad your puppy is okay, some people are just MORONS!! By all means, don't hesitate to call your OB with your concerns. The abdominal muscle pain sounds normal, your ligaments are stretching to make room for your little passenger. Have a great weekend and so glad your dog has more common sense than some people! Best, Martha