Monday, September 29, 2008

Exhausted

We had a great weekend in Denver, the weather was amazing. I am so glad to be back though!!! The wedding events were a tad stressful & exhausting and I was so over them by the time the weekend was coming to a close.

I did experience my first Jewish wedding which was a treat. I really enjoyed being a part of the different culture and everything it had to offer and I am so glad that I have that experience now. They had asked all the men to wear the head coverings for the ceremony and even had purchased them for the guys to wear. I was completely offended when some of the men didn't wear them. I understand we all have our own religions and I am okay with that, but we were at their wedding and I felt that out of respect of their wishes on their day all men should have worn the coverings. It's not like that were asking us to be Jewish, they just wanted us to respect their beliefs and I felt like it was a little rebellious and slap to the face that people chose to ignore their requests.

The bride & groom did make the poor choice of allowing the men in the wedding to begin drinking 5 hours before the ceremony even began, so you can only imagine how drunk they were by the time it began. My husband is quite annoying to me when he gets drunk and when I am sober the amount that I am annoyed grows exponentially!!! Two of the guys were screaming and cussing at each other at the beginning of the reception and I thought they were going to hit each other. A different guy in the wedding that looks like he should be Hulk Hogan's brother b/c he was so built was also pretty obnoxious. Towards the middle of the reception he took off all his shirts & was dancing around and then put his vest back on and that is what he wore for the rest of the evening. He looks like he came straight out of Chip N Dales. Jeremy & I had to sit at a table w/ all the drunk guys for dinner and it was so uncomfortable and stressful. I wanted to just disappear. Once we were all able to get up, which was pretty late b/c dinner wasn't served until 9:45pm and there were at least 1 1/2 of toasts the night got a little better.

I was so glad to be home last night!!! We did a lot of walking in Denver and so I was tired and sore there. I have begun to get crotch muscle pain lately, but nothing like this past weekend. Friday night we had to walk about 8 blocks to the rehearsal dinner and half of that I did in very high heels that I realized no longer really fit my growing feet. I was miserable Saturday morning. I could barely walk my crotch muscles hurt so bad. Luckily I found some very low heels there & wore those instead Saturday night which helped a bit. I have noticed today too, that my tennis shoes are quite snug. NO fun.

Anyways, I will download the pics & post them sometime this week. Today is also 30 weeks for us so I will post the pics I had Jeremy take of me this morning later too. We are having our 3D/4D ultrasound Thursday and I can barely stand the wait. I just can't wait to see our little one again. Today has been a really long day & I can't wait to get out of here. I am so tired & just want to relax.

Have a great day.
Beth

3 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I'm glad you are home safe and sound. I hope you feel better soon and don't have to spend anymore time w/drunk idiots. That is so exciting about your 4D U/S. Sending my best, Martha

nancy said...

Glad you had fun in our fair city! :)

How exciting about your 3D. I am going to have to schedule ours soon. I think I did them in the past around the 30 weeks mark.

Morrisa said...

Wow! Sounds like a crazy wedding!