Thursday, April 10, 2008

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!

I just got back from the doctor's office...
































THEY SAY I'M PREGNANT!!! Yes, you heard me right. I can't believe it myself. She did an u/s & she said, "Beth, you're pregnant." And I said, "no." And she said, "you're about 5 weeks along." And I said, "if this is real, it is a miracle, if I've ever seen one!!!" I then went & did b/w. A new nurse took over at that point. They took blood to get sent to the lab & for a pregnancy test right there. I was about ready to throw up, I was so scared. They showed me the pregnancy test & it showed positive right away. I couldn't believe it, literally, and I am still scared to. The doctor then came in to talk to me, that is a miracle in itself. He said they have only a few documented cases where someone has got pregnant when eggs were only on the blocked tube side. I really feel like a miracle is happening, but I am scared I am going to wake up to another miscarriage. They said they would have the blood results from the lab & would call & let me know. I think I need to hold my breath until then. I just kept telling them how scared I was, one of the nurses then said, "don't be scared, be hopeful." Well that is easy to say, but so hard to do. They let me keep the picture & pregnancy test. I drove straight to Jeremy's work & made him come out. I said, "Babe, miracles do happen." He said, "you're pregnant." And then I smiled & we hugged & kissed & it was everything we wanted it to be. We are both extremely scared, but happy right now. I decided that I will call the baby, my little doodlebug. Dorky, I know, Lame, yes, but I am excited & can't help my corny self. So thank you all for your encouraging words about my bad month, you all gave me good luck & it's looking to not be a bad month after all. If this is for real, I have really been blessed, and even if it doesn't turn out, it is still a miracle that it happened. So I will keep you posted after I hear from the RE tomorrow w/ my blood results. Keep your fingers crossed that this one sticks!!!

Have a great day! I AM!!!
Beth


*****
And I want to apologize for me so overly excited. I know it could be hurtful to some, but please know that I am not trying to put my good news in anyone's face. I just really wanted to share it with all of you that read & I know care about what is going on with me.

6 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I knew it, I knew it!!!! I didn't want to say so before, just in case I was wrong, but I so knew it!

Hooray!!! Congratulations! I am so excited!

Morrisa said...

WOW!!! This is amazing! I am praying for you and hoping for a wonderful beta result!!

Heidi said...

Four times yesterday I started to write a comment urging you to test, but didn't want to get your hopes up!!!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

s.e. said...

I am at a loss for words but congratulations is definitely in order. Your description of sharing with your husband and having it be everything you wanted it to be made me shed happy tears for you.

Don't feel one bit guilty for sharing your good news. You are a wonderful, no absolutely miraculous success story that we can all cling to. Enjoy every moment and try not to be too scared! Oh my god...you are pregnant. Let it all sink in.

Amy said...

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you! I am truly happy for you and hope that you get your miracle!

Anonymous said...

I"m sorry I missed this big announcement!! Congratulations on your miracle! It's such wonderful news!