Friday, April 18, 2008

My New Body

I am feeling a lot more comfortable, but still nervous about the whole thing. My stomach hasn't felt so uneasy in the past day, but it definitely feels different. I feel like I am always hungry, but anytime I eat, even small amounts, my stomach feels like I feasted for hours. I just feel really huge & bloated, I guess. I know I have put on some pounds in the past couple months from stress & just being a bit depressed, so that extra weight doesn't feel good. I am still slim & not overweight by any means, but it is one of those things when your pants feel way tighter than they used to, and it doesn't make you feel great. I am thinking that it is about time for me to take up walking or at least some form of exercise.

I do kind of wish that I felt the morning sickness a bit more (crazy, I know), just b/c I think it would reassure me a bit. But like everyone keeps telling me, all pregnancies are different, so odds are I'm fine. My boobs did start hurting Wednesday night, and haven't stopped since. I can tell they are bigger than they were just a couple days ago. That is definitely a bonus to all this.

I think that my body is just making lots of changes that I am not used to, so I feel a little uncomfortable in my own body. I know that I will enjoy it, once I get used to it, though.

We are traveling to St. Louis this weekend for a wedding, so I am excited to see all my friends, but I hope none of them catch on.

Have a great weekend.
Beth

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I think 30% of women don't get morning sickness. I don't! (But, yeah, I wish I had it for reassurance too.)

Morrisa said...

I think it is normal to want to have some sort of reassurance that everything is okay. Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Beth, we sound so alike, in that I really wanted the "reassurance" of morning sickness too! Just something to make it really real, you know? I have the constantly-hungry problem now too.