Monday, April 14, 2008

Telling My Family - Check!

This weekend seemed like it went by slow b/c we were waiting for last night to get here, so we could tell my family.

Friday night we went out to dinner w/ two of our greatest friends to celebrate. It was a great dinner & nice to hang out with them.

Saturday was spent relaxing & cleaning & then going out w/ friends again. We went to this Casino Night fundraiser for Jeremy's cousin's children's school. I didn't know what it would be like, but we had a blast. His cousin had bought a table, so as soon as we got there, we were able to sit & eat from a wide selection of food that was donated from restaurants in the area. All the drinks anyone could want. I got a glass of wine & just acted like I was drinking it & made Jeremy chug it when no one was looking. I just don't think I will drink at all, not even wine during the pregnancy, but I usually enjoy drinking so I knew I had to at least act like I was so no one got suspicious. I think we played it off well. We then were off to look at the silent auction items. We put our number down on two different massages & then this painting we both loved. At one point, I went back to check on the painting & someone had outbid me, so I put down the next increment needed, thinking I probably wouldn't get it, but it was worth a shot. We then went off to Bingo. I won a bracelet playing that. And finally the card tables opened up. Our group sat down at this table & cashed in our fake money for chips. Luckily, our dealer wanted us to win & so we did, almost every time. By the end we were max betting every time b/c we almost always were winning. They had a casino store set up with things people had donated that you could cash in your chips for. After Jeremy & I had about 4,000 in chips, I started making trips over there. I got SO MANY items by the end of the night. I bet I spent 20-30 thousand in chips throughout the night. Below is my list of items I got:

1. $20 restaurant gift certificate
2. $10 restaurant gift certificate
3. straightener
4. 3-barrel curling iron
5. 4 month supply of Juice Plus
6. charm bracelet
7. 3 baby photo blocks
8. children's book
9. 2 Rachel Ray cookbooks
10. Pampered Chef apple peeler

I think that was it. But I was so excited. As we went to check out, we found out we had won the painting, oops, there goes $75, but after everything we took home, it was well worth it!!! After that we went to a friend's graduation party, where I think I pulled off not being pregnant too, so that is good. I don't want any of our friends to know for a couple weeks.

Sunday was nice. We got the house ready in the morning b/c Jeremy had a group of guys over to watch the Masters. He was glad to hang out w/ his friends & I headed over to my parents. My dad & I got some lunch & then wandered around. He loves to just drive & wander. By the end, my stomach was feeling a bit uneasy, but I didn't want to spill the beans yet, so I didn't mention anything.

I almost wasn't able to tell everyone together. One of my sister's didn't want to come to dinner, so I had to call my sister that knew about it. I asked her to call my sister & tell her she had to come. I felt bad though b/c I knew that my sister probably wishes it was her telling the family about a pregnancy, but she has been really great to me. My other sister decided to come, even though I knew she suspected what was going on, but oh well. During dinner we ate for quite a while then I squeezed Jeremy & he said, "Beth & I have an announcement" and one of my other sister's said, "you're pregnant." After she said it, she felt so bad b/c if we weren't she knew I'd be upset, or if we were, she said it before we could. I didn't really care either way b/c it kind of broke the ice, which was nice. I started crying & everyone was so excited for us. I was glad we did it that way. No one could believe it, so everyone is really excited!!! So I was nervous all day long about the announcement, but it turned out just the way I wanted & I was so happy to do it with everyone together.

We are going to tell Jeremy's parents tonight. I think they suspect a little b/c we had to really do some conning to get them here. They had other plans & didn't want to make the hour + trip to have dinner w/ us, so finally Jeremy was just like, "be there at 6:30pm, period, no questions asked." So they have to suspect something, but they still are going to be so thrilled!!! Jeremy's mom is quite emotional (like I'm not, but she is really bad sometimes) and Jeremy took after her & I know I will be a mess too, so this could get ugly, but I am really excited!!!

Every day I am still really nervous that this dream is going to end, but I am trying to enjoy it while it lasts. My stomach has felt very uneasy the past few days. I haven't been nauseous, but definitely uneasy. I think I have a bit more exhausted than usual, but who knows, I am always tired. My boobs haven't started to hurt yet, so I don't know when that will happen. I do feel them getting a bit bigger. So those are my symptoms as of today. I know I am going to grow more nervous as Thursday approaches. I am just so scared that there won't be a heartbeat:( I just don't know what I would do. So please keep your fingers crossed that this pregnancy will stick & we will have a healthy baby in December!!!

Thank you SO MUCH for all you comments. I love reading them, b/c it makes me feel so happy!!! I really appreciate all your all's support.

Have a great day.
Beth

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

It sounds like a good weekend! I have my fingers crossed for a heartbeat.

Candi said...

I am just sooooo thrilled for you. I think April is a month of miracles...well, maybe not my birthday (one more year closer to thirty!), but my beta is that day, so it makes it all better, LOL! You AND your baby are in my prayers!!!

nancy said...

Wow. What a surprise. Congrats for you:)