Thursday, April 24, 2008

What does Pregnancy feel like?

Well I feel normal most of the day most days, which has me a bit worrisome. I know I am worrying probably for no reason at all, but I don't know what normal is b/c this is my first time being this much pregnant. I feel uneasy at some points of some days, but usually I just feel normal, like I did when I wasn't pregnant. I am a bit worried that things aren't going as planned with doodle & that really scares me.

I went to the grocery store last night & I was starving when I got there, so I stopped by the deli & got a chicken finger to eat while I shopped. I had eaten about half of it, and even noticed with one of the bites that it was a bit different looking on the inside. I just told myself though that maybe it was darker meat or juicy. That is until I got to one bite, when thank god I looked closely & realized it was COMPLETELY RAW. And I am not saying a little pink, that makes you nervous, it was RAW. It looked as it I had gotten it out of the freezer, thawed it, and it was RAW. I was really disgusted & nervous being pregnant & eating raw chicken. I called my mom, and she thought I would be fine, but told me to call a nurse & tell the manager. I found a manager & showed him the chicken finger. He was horrified, especially after I told him I was pregnant. He told me to call him if anything were to happen & kept apologizing. As I was leaving he ran up & gave me a $15 gift card, apologized again, & said all the chicken fingers had been pulled. I wish I would have taken a picture of it, so I could show you. It was pretty disgusting. So I am going to call the RE today, just to make sure that I will be fine. I think I will also ask about me feeling normal & not necessarily pregnant. I haven't got sick at all, so I don't think I got food poisoning, so that's good!!!

I will try to download pics from the concert the other night later today, so I can share them. It was such a blast.

I have to go to the dentist in a bit, and I don't even remember what for. Maybe a filling or something, who knows.

Have a good day!
Beth

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I feel pretty normal all the time too. No morning sickness at all. And as long as you haven't felt sick yet, you didn't get food poisoning and everything will be just fine! (Only $15? I would expect at least $20 for raw chicken.)

Anonymous said...

Yuck!! That would make me throw up on the spot!

Maybe you are just lucky! You may be one of the few that make it through a pregnancy without ever feeling too bad! But I understand your concern. When is your ultrasound?

Any plans for the weekend?

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hi, Beth, so glad you had a blast at Bon Jovi. I heard they Rocked the House! Nobody can jam like those Jersey Boys, that's for sure. I understand your worry, (you shouldn't eat for two, but you sure worry for two!) about the raw chicken, ugh! Salmonella exposure (from raw chicken and the outside of eggs) causes quick onset of food poisoning symptoms, throwing up, stomach cramps, cold sweats pretty quickly, so you look like you are totally in the clear. You sure sound pregnant to me, which is a completely normal process in which 99.99% of pregnant women feel pretty darn good. Your vaginal discharge sounds totally normal, probably the results of some sloughing of red blood cells due to increased blood supply to the cervix, uterus, and pelvic region. Sorry about the drama queen, some people need to Totally get a Life! I hope this info is helpful. Hang in there, Beth and I look forward to more wonderful news at your U/S. Best, Martha

Morrisa said...

Yuck! I had a raw chicken sandwich from McDonalds one time...gross!