So the OB appointment went pretty good yesterday. I found alot of pros & some cons with the office. First off I had already been second guessing my decision. My sister delivered at the hospital & two days ago had emailed me the name of her OB and she said she loved him. So at that point I was thinking should I go with him or should I use who the NP recommended. I decided to at least try out the new OB so I went. When I got there the office was a bit cluttered, very old, and the waiting room had chairs that looked disgusting. I know that sounds very materialistic & superficial, however, I want someplace that I feel clean & good in not dirty. I waited for quite a while & so did all the other women so that also had me a bit concerned. The first nurse I saw was great, she was so nice & I really liked her. But again the rooms were a bit old & worn looking. The nurse assistant then came in to give me all my information. I really liked her too. They gave me a whole bag full of goodies & information. It was great how much they gave me b/c it really will be nice to have in the future. She told me that I would see the OB in 2 weeks and at that time she might do an u/s or might not. I think I am going to push for it though, b/c she said after that, I won't get another u/s until we find out the sex of the baby. Yikes that is forever away. She said after my appointment in 2 weeks I then would see her every 4 weeks until 24 weeks maybe (I can't remember). Then I would go every 2 weeks until 35/36 weeks & then every week until the baby is born. I hate that I have to wait so long in between appointments. I know that that is normal, but I am such a paranoid person, that is really going to suck.
So now I really don't know what to do. I feel like I LOVED the NP at the RE's office & this office is where she goes (she is pregnant) & I really trust her opinion and so I should stay. But on the other side, I wonder if I could feel more comfortable where my sister went. The IDEAL answer would be that my old OB/GYN would still take my insurance & I could go back to him. I think I may even look into changing insurance to PPO if it isn't too much more (even though I think it will be) just so I can have him back. Open enrollment is sometime in May & the insurance would start in July so, not too far off, but we'll see. I think that I will stay put right now since I have already have had to change twice now. I hope I am happy with whatever I choose.
Well, I better get some work done while I am feeling good. Yesterday was great. I went home after my appointment & got alot done around the house & made a GREAT dinner (spicy peanut chicken), I will have to share it w/ you all like Jen does the next time I make it. So hopefully today is alot like yesterday.
Have a great day!
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You should try out your sister's OB too and see if you like that one better.
And, yum, spicy peanut chicken! I can't wait.
Hi, Beth, I heartily concur w/Jen, there is no downside to checking out the other OB. My take on it is just like your body and home are a reflection of your pysche, if that is how the doctor's office is run and looks then it is the reflection of that doctor's/staff's attitudes, etc. I went to the same Very Busy OB/GYN for both sons, and she was Rarely ever late. (Also, try and get the first appt in AM or after lunch if possible to get an on time appt, back office secret) Trust your instincts, they sound spot on. Also when checking out your PPO vs.HMO plan, be sure and look at copays and out of pocket, well/sick child care for the first year, it can add up quickly with little ones. Re.the U/S and prenatal schedule, this is a Good thing, aka, all is well. You are not in high risk category and ultrasounds are not without risks to the developing baby and typically only indicated for abnormal s/s, multiples, complications (Which You Both Will NOT HAVE, Okay?!?)Baby can be checked with the doppler now. Also, the time between appointments will fly bye, you will be so busy. I hope this info is helpful, please give me a virtual kick in the you know where if I am too preachy. Here's a (()) and high 5, you are doing great, Girlfriend- Martha
P.S.Can't wait to see the recipe.
Post a Comment