I started my period last night! Yea! I am finally getting back to normal. It was pretty funny, Jeremy & I were getting ready for bed & I did not nightly routine pee before bed & I screamed, "I'm bleeding!" Jeremy wasn't too impressed, he was like nice. But I was pretty excited. Now I don't have to be worried that another month has slipped by w/o me knowing.
So the doctor finally called today, well the nurse practitioner. Does anyone else have that problem, I have only spoken to the doctor once, and that was during my consultation. I absolutely love the nurse practitioner, but I almost feel like she is running the show & not him. I guess I don't really care, b/c it is nice to have a girl nurse to work w/ that is nice & helpful, but sometimes I just don't get it.
She told me I could start Femara ROUND #2 on Thursday & I have my ultrasound scheduled for St. Patty's Day!!! Let's pray that Saint Patrick grants lots of great eggs on the good side.
I forgot to give my answer to my post "To Tell or Not To Tell..." from last week or so. I have decided that for now I am not going to tell my fam or friends that I have a blog. Well, I actually told one of my sisters, but I didn't give her the site & she didn't seem to care, so oh well. And my good friend Carrie (that comments :) on my blog) knows, she is the one that got me started & introduced me to Cyclesista, and I very much trust her to keep anything in here confidential. For me the biggest con for telling was not being able to surprise my family & friends when I do get pregnant. I have always wanted it to be a huge surprise, and so for right now, being able to still do that someday outweighed the support that I might receive from them through this. I still keep them updated, but not as often, which alleviates some of the pressure.
So now we are on to cycle IUI #2 HOPEFULLY!!! So please pray along w/ me & St. Patty for eggs on the good side. I know that last month it was a lot easier finding out half way through the month that I wasn't going to be pregnant that month than having to wait it out & go through IUI, but I just don't know if I can be as positive if it were to happen again.
Oh one last thing. I am going to try to figure out how to attach music to my blog b/c there are a couple songs I want to share. The first one, is what I named my blog after, "Taking Chances" by Celine Dion. I was having trouble figuring out a title for my blog, and that night I watched her special & was so touched by that song that I thought it was perfect for my blog. The other is "Laughed Until We Cried" by Jason Aldean. The first time I heard this song, I only heard the first verse & thought to myself, I could remember those exact moments going on my first big college spring break being so excited to try out our fake IDs. It was hilarious, I couldn't wait to share it with my friends & reminisce our college memories. I googled the lyrics & realized only that verse would have applied to my friends & me. But when I got to the last verse & read it, I became very emotional. It talks about the struggle of getting pregnant & the excitement once it happens. I remembered being that excited for the 2 days we were pregnant, and though next time I will be more cautious with my heart, I can't wait to feel that excitement again!!!
Have a great day!
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Yeah Aunt Flo! Congrats! I think it's a woman thing maybe?!
I'm too much of an open book to keep the blog private but I do understand and my situation is much different than yours!
Hope you enjoy the slight warm up coming our way! Nothing like living in Misery (MO)!
Take care!
Yeah Aunt Flo!! Let's hope she is here for the last time for awhile!!
My blog is open to my family because of why it was started, and I wish I hadn't made it that way. I can't share real feelings (like swear words) to my very mormon family, or the fact that I had 3 other m/c's because they don't know about them. It kinda feels like a lie sometimes.
O.k. the Jason Aldean song brought me to tears and I don't even like country. Thanks for sharing. I also wanted to comment on your problem of not seeing your RE. I asked this question a few days ago on my blog. Check out the comments I received. I will probably stay with mine but it is definitely something to ponder. And Yeah to bleeding! I so understand that excitement.
Oh, good! I am so glad that it wasn't a wasted month.
You could always start a separate blog for family and friends if you wanted to. I know a couple people who have done it that way.
Glad to head things are getting back on track.
I spoke with my nurse more than my doctor, but it didn't bother me that much. I realized (through reading their website and asking questions) that all of the doctors sat down at this weekly meeting to discuss all of their patients' protocols. That made me feel that although I didn't speak with him, he was involved. Good luck with everything...Oh, and I told my family about my blog and have many times that I wish I hadn't...sometimes they're the ones you need to blog about!
WOO HOO!!! I am so excited for you! Glad you will be able to give this month a good chance!
I will be praying for lots of eggs! And that the eggs will be on the good side!
St. Pats Day has always been a great holiday...
Carrie
Hey...just noticed you are listed on Cyclesista this month. It's official!
Also, it's perfect to name your blog after a Celine song. You are the biggest Celine fan I know!
Have a great day!
Carrie
Post a Comment