So I made it back safely to KC & I am so glad to be home. Chicago was not as cold as I thought it would be and good times were had by all. Friday out flight was delayed a bit, but we still got there at a decent time. Friday night we ended up going to this bar called "English." It was such a blast. I accidentally tried to pay for my drink with my room key, the bartender was incredibly good looking and just kind of looked at me funny. My friend clued me into what I was doing, and I just jokingly said to him "You'll definitely get a happy ending with this" & held up my room key, and I followed that by "Just kidding, I'm married!" But after a couple a drinks, I thought I was hilarious, I am sure he was thinking, "classy!" So anyhow, my friends & I made our own little dance party around our table & screamed the lyrics to every song that came on. I don't think anybody there could have possibly had as much fun as we did.
Funny story, one of my friends has been have bowel problems lately & is on medicine to hopefully get it all straightened out, however, she had the smelliest gas I think I have ever smelled. It was awful, and then I think she passed it on to the rest of us. This guy walked past us at one point and was like "What are you ladies doing over here, ripping ass!" At the beginning of his comment, we all thought he was trying to hit on us, only to find out and probably could barely breathe while he walked past us. By the end of the weekend, we were taking pictures of us acting like we were choking from the fumes, it was pretty funny.
Saturday we ate at this place called "Rocket" and the manager was very friendly & comped $120 worth of shots for all of us ladies. He then gave us his card & asked us to come back that night & that David Schwimmer (spelling?), Ross from "Friends" was going to be there. They were so nice, that we did, and it really sucked, I won't ever go back there if I am ever in Chicago again. Before going there again though, we ate dinner at this wine bar called D.O.C. It was so good, and the staff was super good looking & friendly. I swear my friends had a bottle of wine a person. Our tab ended up being over $1000, but well worth it, the food was great & so was the company. After dinner & going back to Rocket we went to this club called "Underground" on the way home I read in People that Jessica Simpson & Tony Romo were there like a week ago or so. It was fun, but there was about 80% women & 20% men & by that point I was tired & we had been drinking for about 7-8 hours.
I was so glad to get home yesterday & see Jerm & Lucy (my pup). The server is down at my work so as soon as it is fixed I will try to attach pics to show you my hairdo. I also found a really cute one from Christmas of Lucy & me that I will put up so you can see my pup. She is great, she is a jack Russell terrier/ chihuahua mix. Adorable, I know.
So my cousin is doing much better, my mom said, so thanks for the prayers.
Shawndra (other blog) I think is doing really well, she is starting recovery & I think it is going well. Thanks for praying for her too.
I found out yesterday, Jeremy's grandpa is in the hospital. He has Alzheimer's (spelling?) and in the past couple months has really gone down hill. I guess he was completely out of it the other day, and thought it was 1907. He wasn't alive in 1907, needless to say, he is in the hospital. So please pray for his recovery.
So thanks for reading along. I hope you all had a great weekend.
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Your trip sounds like fun. But it is always nice to be back home.
I am looking forward to pictures!
Your trip sounds like a blast! Good for you. It is always nice to have a girls trip. Can't wait to see pictures of your new do!
O.k. so I live 20 minutes away from the city and it sounds like you had more fun there than I ever have. Good for you- you deserved it!
Glad you made it home and had fun while you were away.
Sounds like you could be a travel guide for Chicago...at least the party side of Chicago!
Glad your cousin is doing better and I read up on Shawdra, sounds like things might get a little better there. I am also sorry to hear of Jeremy's Grandfather...that is so sad, I hope it doesn't all happen too quickly for him.
Post a Comment