Monday, March 17, 2008

Maybe Next Month :(

Well I don't have any good news to share. Once again, 2 eggs on the bad side. I am so disappointed & sad. I just can't believe it happened again. I think that I sort of had a feeling & that is why I have been so worked up, but I don't know. She said that we just have to wait & hopefully next month my good side w/ cooperate. I am just so tired of waiting. It is just been a really hard 2-3 months & I was so ready for some hope. I'm feeling a little bit better right now than I did right afterwards, but I know I am just trying to guard my heart. I know the truth is I am so upset, and don't know how I will make it through another month w/ knowing it might happen again (and again, and again).

The doctor said she wouldn't increase the mg of Femara I am taking since it is working, just not the way we want it to. She said the next step would be surgery, but she didn't explain for what. I am guessing to unblock my tube. She also said an alternative would be injections, which is what everyone doing IVF is on, I am guessing. She said the injections would be about $1500 a month plus the u/s and the IUI, so about $2000 a month. So needless to say, my only option right now is waiting & hoping next month works out for me. Jeremy thinks we need to do 3 cycles of IUI before we move on, which I agree, but I thought that would mean 3 months in a row. I never even realized that what is going on right now was ever a possibility.

So yes I am very disappointed & am now ready to fall asleep & wake up in 4 weeks, but I know I will make it through this, I just am wondering how at this point.

Thanks for all your encouraging comments, they really soften the blow of disappointment.

Have a good day!
Beth

6 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh, I am sorry. That majorly sucks. I will keep my fingers crossed for next month.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Beth! It seems so unfair that you would have the same results 2 months in a row!

I'm sorry!

Carrie

s.e. said...

I like your idea of falling asleep and waking up in 4 weeks. Why aren't we educated about these cancelled cycles up front? My RE only shared that we will probably have more frustrating months ahead of us. I wanted to say...no sh*t. But can't they prep us sooner? And you WILL make it through this.

Morrisa said...

((hugs)) I am so sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. I know exactly what you mean about the money issue, that is what kept us doing IUIs much longer than we wanted to. I'm thinking about you today.

Angie said...

I'm so sorry, it's so unfair that this cycle had to be cancelled. I am with you on the money issue, it sure would be a different story is money were no option, huh? Just another perk infertility has to offer us, little or no insurance coverage. Hang in there, I hope next month brings better luck. If only you could fast forward time.

Amy said...

Beth, I am so sorry. I wish there were something more to say or do. I am so sorry.