Thursday, March 27, 2008

A New Woman

So I reread my post from yesterday & decided that I am feeling very sorry for myself lately. I watched "Medium" a week or so ago & the MIL had cancer & she was saying that being positive is 60% of the battle. I am taking her philosophy & going to try to live by it. I am so blessed and sometimes I know it is easy to focus on the negatives in ones life, but I am going to try to celebrate my positives.

Positives in my life:
1. I am very happily married to someone who loves, cares, trusts, & respects me. He is someone that can make me laugh & smile in my lowest moments & I do not know where I would be without him!!!

2. I have a great family that ALL live in the same metropolitan area as me. Most people aren't extremely close with their family & even some that are don't always have the opportunity to live close by & see their families weekly, and I feel so blessed that my family is in my everyday life!!!

3. I have a really cute & lovable dog. I never had a dog growing up, and never really liked them as a matter of fact, and really don't know if I still do (except mine). She has brought a type of happiness & laughter in my life that I had never experienced & I am so glad to be able to play & snuggle w/ her each & every day.

4. I have GREAT in-laws. I know not everyone is that lucky. They love & care about me like I am one of their own. They always have my best interest at heart, and are always giving and never asking for anything in return. They are some of the most thoughtful people I have ever meant & feel so blessed that I get to be a part of their family.

5. I have a job I enjoy & I am good at. My job isn't what I went to school for & isn't what I planned on doing, but I am very happy. I am able to have a 9-5, Monday-Friday schedule w/o working holidays which is SO important to me. I had always wanted to be a homicide detective or CSI which both would have made me work weekends & holidays. Being the sentimental & sensitive person that I am, I always worried about being left out for family events & holidays. I am glad I don't have to worry about that. I also just really enjoy what I am doing right now. I like the people I work with & I feel that my intelligence is needed & that always makes you feel good.

6. I have great friends. I have always admired my parents for having a large group of friends that they still get together with monthly, and usually weekly. They have always thrown parties & gatherings & I always looked forward to that as an adult. Here I am, an adult, and I have found that I have what I always wished for. Jeremy & I are extremely close with a group of about 15-20 people & we do alot together. I am just so grateful for all their friendships & really look forward to growing old & up with them all & all of our children!!!

7. My family & friends are healthy. I have faced very little tragedy in my life & for that I am forever grateful to God. I am so thankful for my health & the health of my family & friends. Some have had bumps in their roads, but all have been able to get through them & are alive today.

I was really needing to see all the things that I am grateful for. I am going to be able to look back on this list when I am having a bad day & know that tomorrow is a new day!!!

Thanks for listening!

Have a great day!
Beth

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Great list of positives!

I agree with you on dogs, by the way. I only like mine. :)

Morrisa said...

What a great list!

Amy said...

That's kind of like the Simple Abundance theory, making a list of positives and what you are grateful for. Nice list!

s.e. said...

I have added a gratitude journal at the bottom of each of my posts. It really helps to focus on the good things espeically after venting how crappy things are. You do have a good list.